ddrum - everything for today’s drummer
Drummers are a different breed. They sit in the back, but drive the music. Drummers don’t play the melody, but without the drum there is no groove. When a drummer is rocking hard they’ll tell you few things can match the feeling of hitting (and hearing) a great tom, snare or bass drum. As one of the oldest instruments in recorded history, drums and drumming can be found in just about every country and musical genre. Drummers are a different breed and we get it because we’re drummers too…
...and because we are ddrum.
Our story begins in Sweden - 1983. It was then, that Hans Nordelius (founder of NORD Keyboards) created the Digital Percussion Plate 1 – the first drum pad allowing for dynamic playing using sampled sounds. Crowned an instant success by the marketplace, ddrum’s innovative drum pads, heads and hoops quickly garnered a large and loyal following.
2005 saw the beginnings of what would become ddrum as we know it today when it was sold to Armadillo Enterprises. One of our first decisions was to greatly expand our product line to include acoustic kits, snares, deccabons, hardware and accessories, making us a full line drum company. Long considered an innovator in electronic drums, we built on that history by being the first to use 100% Ash shells for our acoustic kits. We led the way with deeper bass drums at a time when they were traditionally only available through custom drum makers. Our blended shells (maple inner and ash outer ply) were an industry first as was our use of Alder - a wood known for warm tone and punchy attack.
And while we're proud of our legacy of innovation, we wanted to be a company who could also serve the every day needs of today's drummer:
- Is sound or portability an issue? Our electronic kits allow you to play or practice in small spaces with (or without) headphones. We’re the pioneers in electronic drums.
- New to drums or on a budget? Our “D” series delivers solid performance at an affordable price.
- Are you a drum purest or working professional whose preference is a high-end kit? ddrum’s USA Standard Series offers superior sound and unparalleled workmanship.
- Want to expand your playing possibilities? Our selection of modules and triggers offer virtually unlimited ways to take your drumming to new heights. ddrum electronic triggers are still considered the industry standard to this day.
- Want drum stands, pedals and hardware that offer the latest in features and reliability that won’t break the bank? Our Quicksilver and Mercury lines are great choices.
Quality. Innovation. Affordability. Our mission statement says it all; "We design acoustic drums, electronic drums, industry standard triggers and high quality hardware that deliver the performance & innovation desired by today’s drummer.“
In closing, the ddrum story would not be complete without talking about the people behind the product. ddrum is a company of drummers for drummers. We’re that kid whose parents told us we were practicing too loud. We’re drummers that play weekend gigs. We’re that person who still gets excited when they see a beautiful drum kit. So when you see the tagline, “Everything for Today’s Drummer”, what it really means is that we make drums for you...all of you. Whether just getting started or starting your first tour; for a range of players, budgets and needs, ddrum has you covered. That’s what ddrum is all about...and we’re just getting started.
We are ddrum!